Date:      Wed,  8 Jan 97 14:08:11 Pacific Standard Time
From:      "Sean J. Schluntz"  <schluntz@pinpt.com>
To:        "Sean J. Schluntz"  <schluntz@pinpt.com>, Pedro Giffuni  <m230761@ingenieria.ingsala.unal.edu.co>
Cc:        freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: A question on the SCO emulation.

<m230761@ingenieria.ingsala.unal.edu.co> wrote:
> On Wed, 8 Jan 1997, Sean J. Schluntz wrote:
> > I know that for a couple of different apps out there for SCO you need
special
> > SCO libraries on your FreeBSD system for the apps to run.  Does any one
know
> > what those libraries are?  And can I get them from the SCO Openserver CD
or do
> > I have to have a running SCO system to get them.
> >
> Precisely what I'm working on...yes you have to get them from the SCO CD
> because we can't distribute them (can we ?). They must not be ELF
> (find out with a file command). I'm downloading a binary of SCO's gcc to
> see what libraries come there, SCO's Xfree86 doesn't support shared
> libraries (yet ?) so there's not much more that can be done. I'm looking
> how to use our gcc as a cross compiler, perhaps one day we can build our
> own lesstif for SCO.
>
> Pedro.

Yah, that was why I spend the whole $27 for the personal copy of SCO, there
was the possibility that I would need to be able to run WordPerfict.  I will
be interested to see where it goes.

And no, we can't distribute the libraries, they are licensed code of SCO and
that would be a breach of their copyright.

-Sean
Sean J. Schluntz                                  <schluntz@pinpt.com>
Manager, Support Services                        ph. 408.997.6900 x222
PinPoint Software Corporation                    fx. 408.323.2300
6155 Almaden Expressway, Suite 100
San Jose, CA.  95120                             http://www.pinpt.com/

Local Time Sent: 01/08/97 14:08:12