Date:      Wed, 13 Dec 1995 17:13:46 -0800
From:      gpalmer@westhill.cdrom.com
To:        Rob Snow <rsnow@txdirect.net>
Cc:        "Justin T. Gibbs" <gibbs@freefall.freebsd.org>, Bob Willcox <bob@luke.pmr.com>, freebsd-current <freebsd-current@freefall.freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: sups from SUP.FreeBSD.ORG not working well anymore :-(

Rob Snow wrote in message ID
<Pine.BSF.3.91.951213123057.7888A-100000@oasis.txdirect.net>:
> Dont know if this is related.I noticed that yesterday freefall was
> unavailable here.  ping just spun it's wheels and any other attempt
> met with the same results till 6-7pm(?) last night (CST).

Did you see the news at all yesterday? Large areas in the Bay Area
were totally without power. I think the office was without power for
about 12 hours yesterday total. Considering that we only had a UPS, I
had to take freefall down at about 5:40am before the battery ran out...

We now have backup generators that can be used, so we shouldn't have
to take freefall down due to lack of power again...

Gary