Date:      Wed, 19 Sep 2001 07:51:05 -0600
From:      "Andrew M. Miklic" <miklic@attglobal.net>
To:        freebsd-alpha@freebsd.org
Subject:   TGA driver

All,

    I had been working for the past year or so (with much help from Drew
Gallatin, Peter Jeremy, and Thomas V. Crimi) on a TGA driver for
FreeBSD, and I have a somewhat preliminary but nearly fully-functional
driver available (there are a definite few rough edges, though). The
following are known working features:

    * works for TGA rev B amd C and TGA2 (VGA-mode) cards
    * text works (and is relatively fast)
    * X works (although there is still a problem with vty switching
from/to X)
    * text-mode vty-switching works
    * blank and green screensavers work
    * mouse (including full cut-and-paste) works (highlighted text does
not work)

    I have tried unsuccessfuly to get it committed by various people
(this is not a slam on them, as I know that everybody on the team is
very busy), and I have less time to play with the driver now than I
would like, so I would like to offer the code (and project) over to
anyone who has the time, interest, or inclination to take it on...

    I can provide a gzipp'ed tarball and diff file to anyone upon
request (sorry--I don't have a website to dangle it from)--the source is
a bit out of date, but new files in the gzipp'ed tarball shouldn't
depend on any other code changes, and pre-existing files are in
diff-format so that they should be relatively easy to bring up-to-date...

Sincerely,
Andrew Miklic