Date:      Fri, 27 Mar 1998 11:56:24 -0700
From:      "Brian McCloskey" <bmccloskey@leader-group.com>
To:        freebsd-scsi@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Adaptec 7895 On-Board SCSI Controller

Good afternoon,

I just got done searching for information at www.freebsd.org and found
the CAM patch that is said to provide support for the Adaptec AIC-7895
On-Board SCSI Controller.  The directions tell the user how to apply
this patch to a currently running system, however I have not yet been
able to get FreeBSD on my system as the drivers on the boot floppy do
not support this controller, and I can't see my SCSI hard disk.

Currently, all of my drives are on my Adaptec controller, so I was
wondering if anybody had any information on applying the cam software,
or some other devices/patches to my boot floppy so that I can get the
system to see the drive so that I can install FreeBSD (version I have is

2.2.5).

Thanks for any information,
Brian

Brian McCloskey             | Leader Group
Consultant                  | 5200 DTC Parkway
 ph: 303-773-9700           | Suite 500
fax: 303-773-9610           | Englewood, CO 8011