Date:      Fri, 11 Sep 1998 15:31:13 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Satya Devireddy <satya@dspsoft.com>
To:        Paul Stewart <paul@kawartha.com>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: referrer stat tracking

> We currently run Apache for all our web servers etc. and run a standard
> log format.  We have a customer who needs to track browser type, referrer
> etc... I understand Apache can generate that..how? :)
>
> Also, our stats package (analog) I don't think can read this info?  If it
> can't, what's a good free package that can?

I think analog can do that. Add these lines to configure analog3.0 to do
browser type listing and referer listing and failed referer listing.

------analog.cfg (my settings)
[...]
LOGFORMAT (%S %j %u [%d/%M/%Y:%h:%n:%j] "%j %r %j" %c %b "%f" "%B")

REFERRER   ON
FAILREF    ON
BROWSER    ON
[...]
------

also your apache server  should be producing the correct logs

try using the "combined" log format.
Off the top of my I do not remember why, I changed my log format to the
one below.
note the missing "%>s" is "%s"

LogFormat "%h %l %u %t \"%r\" %s %b \"%{Referer}i\" \"%{User-Agent}i\""
newlogformat

Comments/Corrections anyone ?

-Satya