Date:      Fri, 9 May 1997 16:04:02 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Jonathan M. Bresler" <jmb>
To:        rinunez@telcel.net.ve (rinunez)
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 100 GB

rinunez wrote:

> Dear Gentlemen,
>
> What kind of hard disk architecture would you recommend me if I need to run
> FreeBSD to store around 100 GB of information?
>
> I suppose IŽd use a SCSI card, but... Where can I find 100GB SCSI disks?

	wcarchive.cdrom.com has 106GB of disk...sounds liek what you need.
	it has 3 SCSI controllers:
		2 AHA-2940  PCI SCSI
		1 AHA-3940UW PCI dual-channel SCSI
	i dont know how the disks are divided up or their size
	but 9 9GB disks should get you there,
	or get 12 9GB and put 3 disks on each controller channel
	(3 disks per AHA-2940, 3 per channel on hte AHA-3940UW)

	(caveat:  i have not done this myself)
jmb