Date:      Wed, 14 Jan 1998 08:29:54 -0600 (CST)
From:      Jay Nelson <jdn@acp.qiv.com>
To:        David Alan Kott <dakott@alpha.delta.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: [Q] Getty, Qume 101 ser. terms. and gettytab (fwd)

Ok, I understand more, but don't have a complete answer. I missed that
you were using software flow control. I saw 19200 and assumed
hardware.

9600 is about as fast as you can reliably run software flow control.
So for starters, I'd set everything to 9600. As far as the echoctl, it
is probably being reset either by the string in your gettytab or your
termcap.

After thinking about this, I'm not sure I'd want to turn off echoctl
(I've never done it anyway). It may cause some interesting side
effects.

So the answer is: I have no answer. You'll have to prowl around your
termcap entrys and gettytab entries and find the connection. You may
want to try setting -opost and see what happens.

Sorry I couldn't really help.

-- Jay