Date:      Thu, 6 Oct 2011 17:09:53 +0100
From:      Tom Evans <tevans.uk@googlemail.com>
To:        Oldzhay Saroolu <oldzhay.saroolu@gmail.com>
Cc:        x11@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: error compiling phpmyadmin

On Thu, Oct 6, 2011 at 9:27 AM, Oldzhay Saroolu
<oldzhay.saroolu@gmail.com> wrote:
> Yes, I updated xproto to the last ver and it works now.
> Info: it is a fresh fBSD 8.2 with ports updated. I tryed to install
> phpmyadmin after doing portsnap
>
> Requested 'xproto >= 7.0.17' but version of Xproto is 7.0.16

It is always this sort of error, that comes about from this sort of behaviour:

1) User installs some ports, is happy
2) Time passes
3) User updates ports tree
4) User tries to install <arbitrary package>, and it fails

Before you can install packages from an updated ports tree, you should
ensure that your installed ports are up to date with your ports tree.
In this case, xproto wasn't, hence the errors.

Cheers

Tom