Date:      Tue, 14 Mar 2006 20:42:26 +0100
From:      Remko Lodder <remko@FreeBSD.org>
To:        t_ziel@wp.pl
Cc:        www@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: broken link in "Using Ports Collection"

t_ziel@wp.pl wrote:
> Hello
>
> After clicking "1. Install the net/cvsup-without-gui package:" on page: "http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/ports-using.html" error appears:
>
> [start of error]
> Port description for net/cvsup-without-gui
>
> The port specified does not exist, or has an invalid name:
>
>     ports/net/cvsup-without-gui/pkg-descr
>
> You are coming from
>
>     http://www%2efreebsd%2eorg/doc/en%5fUS%2eISO8859%2d1/books/handbook/ports%2dusing%2ehtml.
>
> Please contact www@FreeBSD.org
> [end of error]
>
> regards
> Tomasz Zielinski

Hi,

This is because cvsup-without-gui is a meta port which does not have
the information a normal port has.  Because of that it is not parseable
by the website.

I hope this is a sufficient explaination, if you need more please
read the archives, this had been discussed before.

Apart from that: Thanks for the notice! We appriciate the effort
you took to report this.

--
Kind regards,

      Remko Lodder               ** remko@elvandar.org