Date:      Mon, 13 Aug 2001 22:44:05 -0700
From:      Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
To:        Jim Flournoy <pcspaceman@hotmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: I can't get my net install to work

--KsGdsel6WgEHnImy

On Tue, Aug 14, 2001 at 05:34:54AM +0000, Jim Flournoy wrote:

> Hello all.  I'm trying to install onto on old ibm pc server.  its a
> p75 with a 3com509 nic and 2 4g scsi hd's.  it has no cdrom.  i'm
> trying to do a ftp installation as described on the cd but it always
> fails as soon as i change the 'release name' on the options menu to -
> any.

Why are you doing that? '-' isn't a release name, neither is 'any'.
If I'm misunderstanding you and you actually typed something
different, please tell us exactly what it was.

Note that you shouldn't need to change this anyway; if you're trying
to install a different release than the one corresponding to the
version of sysinstall you're using (e.g. trying to use a 4.2-RELEASE
sysinstall to install 4.3-RELEASE) this may not work -- you should
grab the installation floppies for the release itself and use that.

Kris

P.S. Don't send HTML email, many people can not read it.
--KsGdsel6WgEHnImy

--KsGdsel6WgEHnImy--