Date:      Sat, 9 Jun 2001 08:52:07 -0700 (PDT)
From:      David Wolfskill <david@catwhisker.org>
To:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG, jcm@FreeBSD-uk.eu.org
Subject:   Re: problem with miniperl and make depend

>Date: Sat, 9 Jun 2001 06:41:55 +0100
>From: j mckitrick <jcm@FreeBSD-uk.eu.org>

>I just cvsupped tonight, and got this error while running make depend.
>I have not built world lately, i've just been recompiling the kernel for
>some driver tests.

>It looks to me like the path to miniperl is wrong.  It exists on my machine,
>but not in /usr/obj/usr/src !!!

I've been tracking -STABLE (and -CURRENT, for that matter) daily for a
while now, and did not encounter that problem.  In particular, I was
able to build & boot today's -STABLE, and I'm in the "Building
everything" phase of the -CURRENT "make buildworld" as I type.

Recent CVSup history:
CVSup begin from cvsup14.freebsd.org at Thu Jun  7 03:47:01 PDT 2001
CVSup ended from cvsup14.freebsd.org at Thu Jun  7 03:52:50 PDT 2001
CVSup begin from cvsup14.freebsd.org at Thu Jun  7 06:11:22 PDT 2001
CVSup ended from cvsup14.freebsd.org at Thu Jun  7 06:16:54 PDT 2001
CVSup begin from cvsup14.freebsd.org at Fri Jun  8 03:47:01 PDT 2001
CVSup ended from cvsup14.freebsd.org at Fri Jun  8 03:52:57 PDT 2001
CVSup begin from cvsup14.freebsd.org at Sat Jun  9 03:47:00 PDT 2001
CVSup ended from cvsup14.freebsd.org at Sat Jun  9 03:53:26 PDT 2001

[Had some problems Thursday; markm fixed 'em.]

Recent "uname -a" for -STABLE:

FreeBSD dhcp-140.catwhisker.org 4.3-STABLE FreeBSD 4.3-STABLE #54: Thu Jun  7 07:43:23 PDT 2001     root@dhcp-133.catwhisker.org:/common/S1/obj/usr/src/sys/LAPTOP_30W  i386

FreeBSD dhcp-135.catwhisker.org 4.3-STABLE FreeBSD 4.3-STABLE #56: Fri Jun  8 04:14:09 PDT 2001     root@:/common/S1/obj/usr/src/sys/LAPTOP_30W  i386

[Eh; I was going to show the one for this morning, but I'm running -CURRENT
on the box now, and I didn't record the most recent uname -a output.]

Cheers,
david
As a computing professional, I believe it would be unethical for me to
advise, recommend, or support the use (save possibly for personal
amusement) of any product that is or depends on any Microsoft product.