Date:      Fri, 1 Mar 1996 08:47:48 -0800 (PST)
From:      "Jonathan M. Bresler" <jmb>
To:        nate@sri.MT.net (Nate Williams)
Cc:        rkw@dataplex.net, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Eliminating Duplicate Postings

Nate Williams wrote:

> > Would it be feasable to put a filter in the e-mail lists that reviews
> > the TO: and CC: lines. If it finds a message directed to two lists, it
> > selects one and eliminates the other. Thus, for example, mail to
> > "jordan" and "current" and "hackers" would go only to "current",
> > deleting the duplication.
>
> Yes it would be feasible since perl has to munge on every header anyway.
> Are you willing to do the dirty work in perl?  If so, grab majordomo and
> hack on the source and get back to us (probably Jonathan, but I'd be
> willing to look at it) with the solution.

	where should this mail go:

	i have an anaconda scsi tape drive, wont work with FreeBSD
	help?

	reasonably it could be sent to scsi, hardware, questions.
	if there is a known answer, just reply
	if debug is needed followups to scsi and/or hardware with
		a solution to questions (closing the loop)

	how is a perl script going to handle this correctly?
	(professor lenat, could you help us please?)

	sending to either hardware or scsi only may miss the person
	that has the answer.  sending to questions only may miss
	stefan esser (mr. ncr, thank you stefan for helping me ;) )

jmb

ps.	summary is in final draft stage.  stefan is correctly my
	errors.  will be posted to questions (closing the loop) soon.