Date:      Mon, 26 Apr 1999 14:06:38 -0500 (EST)
From:      Alfred Perlstein <bright@rush.net>
To:        Nick LoPresti <nick@chromatix.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Got a SOCKS question for ya

On Mon, 26 Apr 1999, Nick LoPresti wrote:

> I was wondering how to get my 3.0 FreeBSD machine to work behind a socks
> proxy server.  I tried looking at the SOCKS v5 Application Layer but
> couldn't get anything out of it.  Does anyone else do this?  Anyone know
> how?

Why doesn't it work from behind a socks server?

hint: freebsd doesn't care what network it's on generally,
howeveri, its client programs must be socks aware.

You must configure each application to use SOCKS individually.

the freebsd ftp client doesn't offer SOCKS functionality, but
i'm sure the netscape or various others in the ports collection
do.

browse around, you'll find something. :)

-Alfred