Date:      Mon, 07 Jun 1999 09:22:58 -0700
From:      Anthony Bourov <abourov@alt.net>
To:        hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Q: xl0: no memory for rx list -- packet dropped!

Hi,

I am running a FreeBSD server, and I am running into this problem very
often. The machine stops responding and instead outputs 1000s of
xl0: no memory for rx list -- packet dropped!
xl0: no memory for rx list -- packet dropped!
xl0: no memory for rx list -- packet dropped!
xl0: no memory for rx list -- packet dropped!
messages. The machine is usually pulling about 4-5 megabits but there is
usually a traffic spike right before this happens so an attack is not out
of the question, but I was wondering if there was any way I can raise the
threshold  for this (would more BUFFERs do the trick?).

Thanks in advance,
Anthony