Date:      Wed, 21 Jul 2004 00:00:22 +0200
From:      Peder Blom <dion@bredband.net>
To:        "rosen" <rosse@mail.orbitel.bg>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: streaming video help

On Tue, 20 Jul 2004 02:00:32 +0300
"rosen" <rosse@mail.orbitel.bg> wrote:

> Hello form Bulgaria!!!Sorry for stupid question! I'm newbie in this
> OS.I have read info about ffmpeg and ffserver,programs used to live
> stream a video.My question is there some possibilty to livestream from
>  avi,mpeg ot asf files, and how can i do that?
> Best Regards rosse

Hi,

take a look at the VideoLAN project, (http://www.videolan.org/).

You'll find a vlc port in multimedia/vlc. But be aware that is has an
amazing amount of dependencies...

I use vlc to stream mpeg and most avi files without problems, but this
is just one solution to the problem. There might be other and even
better ones.