Date:      Fri, 09 May 1997 20:13:58 -0500
From:      Gilbert Bollinger <rijn@nalu.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   SuperMicro P6DNF

I work for an ISP <that has 3,000+ users in Indiana>. We run FreeBSD.
Our Hardware is a SuperMicro P6DNF with dual P6 200mzh with 512k on each
chip. We run Apache HTTP server, 3Com Fast Link PCI Ethernet, MGA
Millinnium 2meg WRam PCI, an Adaptec Ulta card, 4 gig Micropolips
drives. We are running the FreeBSD v3.0 CURRENT. We only use 1
proccessor. We keep having reboots about 4 or 6 times a day. FreeBSD
starts the reboot sequence. We can't find anything in the logs for a
reason for the reboots. Oh, the bios revision is .7.... We have not
upgraded to 1.1 yet. What do you think could <HELP> stop the reboot
problem and would it be <SAFE> is in would our system keep running if we
went SMP. I know it's not a 100% yes or no but based on our hardware
what do you <think>. Think it would be safest to wait for a 3.0 stable?
And would we hav any problems going back to 2.2 stable if we had to?
        Gil from SEI Data