Date:      Fri, 24 Aug 2012 15:59:49 -0400
From:      Rick Miller <vmiller@hostileadmin.com>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Unable to get crash dump

Hi All,

Running 8.3-STABLE 5/21/2012 on HP DL360.  While testing crash dump
functionality, the dump aborts with the following message:

Aborting dump due to I/O error.
status == 0xb, scsi status == 0x0

** DUMP FAILED (ERROR 5) **
Automatic reboot in 5 seconds - press a key on the console to abort

Googling and searching freebsd.org have produced what appeared to be
some what relevant messages, but I found nothing pointing to a cause
and fix.  I'm hoping someone might be able to point me in a direction
to figuring this out.

--
Take care
Rick Miller