Date:      Wed, 31 Jan 1996 15:22:51 +0100
From:      Norbert Bladt <nbladt@autelca.ascom.ch>
To:        Joerg Wunsch <joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de>
Cc:        shad@iastate.edu, freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 2.1.0 find Adaptec 1740, but not my drives

J Wunsch wrote:

> As Marcus I. Ryan wrote:
> >
> > ahb0: reading board settings, int=11
> > ahb0 at 0x6000-0x60ff irq 11 on eisa slot 6
> > ahb0 waiting for scsi devices to settle
> [ahb driver fails to find any devices]
Is this a problem in general with the AHA174x and FBSD-2.1 ?
I'll try to upgrade from FBSD-1.1 to FBSD-2.1, soon, and
I am using an AHA1742A in my system.

I did miss the discussion because I'm just subscribed to the
scsi-list. So, can somebody tell me what the real problem is/was
that leads to this mail in the scsi-list ?
Thanks in advance.

I think I tried, at least, to boot the FBSD-2.1 floppy to see
whether my NE2000 clone (damn cheap) was detected by FreeBSD-2.1.
At the same time I noticed that my disks were detected fine.
Of course, all my disks are less than 1GB in size, so that
might be different.
However, if somebody wants to donate a disk with more than
1GB capacity, fine :-)

During the update which will be done soon, I could do some
tests, too.
I'll backup my DOS and FreeBSD partitions, anyway, prior to
do the installation (via the network, I hope).

Regards,

Norbert.

--
Norbert Bladt		Management System Software Development
ascom Autelca AG	Payphone and Cashless Transaction Systems