Date:      Tue, 31 Dec 2002 10:50:30 -0800 (PST)
From:      Donald Burr of Borg <dburr@borg-cube.com>
To:        FreeBSD Hardware <freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org>
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Support for Seagate TRAVAN NS20 (using FreeCom USB-ATAPI chip)?

We'd like to hook an external USB tape backup drive (Seagate Travan NS20
device, it uses the Freecom USB-ATAPI bridge chip) to our FreeBSD server
to do backups.  (Yes, we know it'll be slow...)  When we plug it in, the
device is recognized and "grabbed" by the ugen driver.  Is there any hope
of getting this thing to work (anyone know of any drivers out there, etc.)
or are we SOL?  We're runninng 4.7-RELEASE.
--
Donald Burr of Borg <dburr@borg-cube.com>     | FreeBSD: The Power to Serve!
WWW: http://www.borg-cube.com/  ICQ #16997506 | http://www.freebsd.org/