Date:      Sat, 16 Mar 1996 11:11:20 -0700 (MST)
From:      Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
To:        dconrad@ksu.ksu.edu (Derek Conrad)
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Install trouble

> Alright... one more hopefully simple question...
>
> I can't seem to resolve the ftp site. I have a ne2000 card.
> my ip on the network is 129.130.130.238,
> my gateway is 129.130.131.240 and my name server is
> 129.130.12.18
>
> When it asks for hostname, what do I put? I looked through the docs and
> handbook, but couldn't seem to find it.

You have to have a name server specified in /etc/resolv.conf...
(assuming you are already up and running) something like:

domain byu.edu
nameserver 192.14.263.162
nameserver 192.14.263.50

(not that these are real numbers -- you will have to use your local
 settings).

If you are doing this from an install screen, you need to do the full
network setup -- don't skip any fields!

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---