Date:      Thu, 11 Sep 1997 08:42:33 +1000 (EST)
From:      "Daniel O'Callaghan" <danny@panda.hilink.com.au>
To:        Robert Ricci <rricci@theonlynet.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Limiting users connect time (+ another little questi

> Actually, it seems to have moved to http://www.darkwing.com/idled/ .
>
> Two questions for people already using idled: When I do a `w`, it
> reports an idle time equal to the time the user has  been logged in,
> not the time they've really been idle. In fact, with some Macs, it
> reports no idle time at all.

idle time is idle time of the userland process, which is only used for
BSD compression.  Kernel pppd can be active entirely in the kernel, and
therefore appear to be idle.

I have a program 'ifidled' which looks at the packets received on the
user's pppX interface.  I'll put it up for ftp this afternoon.

Danny