Date:      Thu, 03 Apr 1997 17:30:15 +1000
From:      Hugh Blandford <hugh@island.net.au>
To:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   How can I measure Mb downloaded?

Hi,

I am trying to find a piece of software/utility that will tell me how many
Mbytes have been sent to and from an IP address or device.  I would like to
log the traffic.  I have a P50 for my router and it is not really upto the
task.  I am aware of the end of day routine that gives how many packets
have come in and out of the interface, but I have no idea how you can get
from the number of packets to the number of bits or megabytes etc.

Regards,

Hugh.