Date:      Sat, 12 Jul 1997 19:38:46 -0500
From:      Paul <Apollo@thsos.com>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   sendmail version

Hello,

ok,
I compiled ver 8 sendmail using makesendmail
I created a new file called myfile.mc in cf/cf directory
using this configuration...

VERSIONID(`myfile.mc 1.0')
OSTYPE(bsd4.4)dnl
DOMAIN(generic)dnl
MAILER(local)dnl
MAILER(smtp)dnl
Cwmail.mydomain.com
Cwmydomain.com
MASQUERADE_AS(`mydomain.com')dnl
FEATURE(allmasquerade)dnl
FEATURE(nocanonify)dnl
FEATURE(nodns)dnl
FEATURE(virtusertable)dnl
define(`confDOMAIN_NAME',`mydomain.com')dnl

Then ran:

# m4 -D_CF_DIR_=/usr/src/usr.sbin/sendmail/cf/ \
> /usr/src/usr.sbin/sendmail/cf/m4/cf.m4 myfile.mc >sendmail.cf

I want pretty much the standard
package?? with my email domain virtualized and have use
of virtusertable.... I have previously been doing this with
aliases file and the sendmail.cw file....
How can I tell which version of sendmail I am using?
Am I supposed to put the sendmail.cf file in my /etc directory?
also do I need to create a virtusertable file in the /etc directory?