Date:      Tue, 15 Aug 2000 15:50:15 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Rick Hamell <hamellr@aracnet.com>
To:        Gary Geisbert <ggeisbert@e-centives.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: How to test Named/Bind?

> >         Subject says it, how do I test named/bind... I'm pretty sure I've
> > got it setup right... just don't know for sure! :)
> >

> Use nslookup and switch to the server you're testing (server
> test.ns.ip.here), then try a couple test lookups.

	That all seemed to work. I did get one message saying (for my own
domain) that it's was non-authoritative... is that a big deal? Also, I
have domain name registered to that IP, yet I can't seem to find it
anywhere. How do I get that propegated? That IP is listed as the primary
name server for the host name, is that even correct? Thanks for the help!

					Rick