Date:      Tue, 9 Apr 2002 22:23:13 +0200
From:      "Ivan Voras" <ivoras@geri.cc.fer.hr>
To:        <freebsd-java@freebsd.org>
Subject:   php+java update

I installed jdk13 from ports and recompiled php. Now, php complains it
cannot load some .so library from the jre/lib directory, so i did

'ldconfig -m /usr/local/jdk1.3.1/jre/lib/i386/'

and that fixed it. As I understand, the ld.cache is rebuilt every time the
machine restarts (?). Where can I put the above library path so that it gets
included at all times?

But that is not the end of my problems. Now, it complains:

   Fatal error: Unable to load Java Library
   /usr/local/jdk1.3.1/jre/lib/i386/libjava.so, error:
   /usr/local/jdk1.3.1/jre/lib/i386/libjava.so: Undefined symbol
   "JVM_DoPrivileged" in /usr/home/ivoras/public_html/jver.php on line 4

I did 'strings libjava.so | grep JVM_' and it gives a lot of JVM_* names,
but I don't know are they exported or imported symbols (how could I find
out?) and generally, how to fix this problem. I assume I will need help of
someone who actually knows how the JVM works :)

(the error occures when php tries to create a JVM)

----
--------
- Ivan Voras <ivoras @ fer.hr> -