Date:      Mon, 18 Dec 1995 09:01:17 +0100 (MET)
From:      Udo Wolter <uwp@cs.tu-berlin.de>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 2.2-current with 2.1R ?

> Is it safe to run a 2.2-current kernel on a 2.1R system?  I am
> interested in the upgraded SCO compatability in 2.2-current, but
> otherwise I am extremely happy with 2.1R (Great job everyone.)
> If it is "mostly safe", are there any big hazards to watch out for.

I tried it. It works ok. Just things like ps won't work (but that was clear
before). But I haven't noticed a better working with SCO binaries. I tried
to use WordPerfect 5.1. Only the normal wp and wp in an wpxtool worked. The
real X-version xwp crashed with a segmantation fault. I think the new SCO-code
isn't worth to get a 2.2-current kernel.

Bye,
	Udo

--
Udo Wolter, email: uwp@cs.tu-berlin.de & uwp@hydmech.fb12.tu-berlin.de,