Date:      Thu, 31 Jul 2003 00:20:49 +0300
From:      Ruslan Ermilov <ru@FreeBSD.org>
To:        current@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   make -U

--IR1Y5IvQhrKgS4e6

Sorry, I've accidentally dropped an email about `make -U'.

I think that it's not needed, since the functionality can
easily be achieved by running "make FOO=3D", i.e., assigning
an empty value.  Remember that command line variables take
precedence over globals, so the following makefile,

FOO+=3D	bar

all:
	@echo ${FOO}

when run as ``make FOO=3Dfoo'', will print just ``foo''.

Cheers,
--=20
Ruslan Ermilov		Sysadmin and DBA,
ru@sunbay.com		Sunbay Software Ltd,