Date:      Tue, 27 Jun 2017 15:18:11 +0000
From:      Panagiotes Mousikides <paggas1@yandex.com>
To:        soc-status@freebsd.org
Subject:   GSoC status: PF testing, week 3-4

Hello everybody!

Work is going well on writing tests for pf, the FreeBSD network filter.
Here is what has happened since the last update.

I have now added a collection of parsing tests for pfctl under
src/tests/sbin/pfctl, mostly copied from OpenBSD's test suite, in a way
that integrates them with the FreeBSD test suite, which uses kyua and
ATF.  I have also written up a list of differences between OpenBSD's and
FreeBSD's pf.

We have a powerful test box now, which makes work more effective, and
lends itself to creating bhyve instances easily.

I have also read through make(1) and build(7), which helps with
understanding OpenBSD's test suite structure.  This will be important
when writing pf kernel tests for FreeBSD, since OpenBSD can be used as a
source of inspiration.

Have a look at my GitHub repository at
https://github.com/paggas/freebsd, my work is under the 'paggas' branch.

Best regards,