Date:      Wed, 30 Sep 1998 15:06:38 -0700 (PDT)
From:      brooks@one-eyed-alien.net
To:        "Andrew N. Edmond (Nero)" <president@sextracker.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: IP accounting issues on FreeBSD 3.0

On Wed, 30 Sep 1998, Andrew N. Edmond (Nero) wrote:

> I need to account the bandwidth usage of each of these IP addresses, and
> am used to MRTG and SNMPd with managing the ports on my Cisco switches.
>
> However, I can't seem to get any type of IP accounting - SNMP or not, on
> FreeBSD.  Any direction anyone can provide?

How about running NeTraMet on a machine on the network.  It's an SNMP
accessable traffic accounting system that is widely used for just this
sort of thing.  You can find more information about it at
http://www.auckland.ac.nz/net/Internet/rtfm/.

BTW, current didn't need to see this, questions was plenty.

-- Brooks