Date:      Fri, 7 Sep 2012 16:38:00 +0200
From:      Pawel Pekala <pawel@FreeBSD.org>
To:        "Steven Hartland" <killing@multiplay.co.uk>
Cc:        Beat Gaetzi <beat@FreeBSD.org>, freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: [FreeBSD-Announce] Announcing the end of port CVS

Dnia 2012-09-07, o godz. 12:57:42
"Steven Hartland" <killing@multiplay.co.uk> napisa=B3(a):

>Is there no way to tell it not to delete unknown files so we
>don't have to add addional steps to the workflow flow of adding
>additional patches to local port builds?
>
>I appreciate things must move forward but this seems like a step
>backwards in terms of functionality :(

I`m using portsnap for some time now and wanted to have my /usr/ports
untouched but also I have my own patches for some of the software that
I use. I have come up with not ideal but simple solution, my make.conf
contains something like this:

.if ${.CURDIR:M/usr/ports/*}
LOCALPATCHDIR=3D  /home/corn/patches

. if exists(${LOCALPATCHDIR}/${.CURDIR:T})
LOCAL_PATCHES!=3D find ${LOCALPATCHDIR}/${.CURDIR:T} -type f
EXTRA_PATCHES+=3D ${LOCAL_PATCHES}
. endif
.endif

LOCALPATCHDIR contains folders with names of ports I want to patch=20
which hold my patches inside them.

Be aware that this will break when you want to patch port that shares
name with some other port but different category. This situation is
rare but it could happen.

This inconvenience could probably be easily fixed when UNIQUENAME work
will be committed to the ports tree, but I'm not sure when this will be.

--=20
pozdrawiam / with regards
Pawe=B3 P=EAkala