Date:      Wed, 19 Apr 2000 15:13:10 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      En azaz Csigas <nug@sch.bme.hu>
To:        aic7xxx@freebsd.org
Subject:   kernel2.2.15pre19 and aic-7770 problem

Hi!

I have a HP Netserver 4/66LC (486 dx2-66) EISA system with integrated
Adaptec AIC-7770 SCSI-II. I have used kernel 2.2.14. I downloaded the
patch to 2.2.15pre19 from ftp.kernel.org/.../people/alan/.
The news kernel halts during startup with:
   SCSI0 BRKADRINT error (0x2)
   Illegal Sequencer Address referenced
   SCSI0 SEQADDR=0x0
Kernel Panic aci7xxx:unrecoverable BRKADRINT

I replaced the /src/linux/drivers/scsi dir. with the old/2.2.14/ one and
compiled it again. It works as it did before.

I'm sorry if I've write to the wrong list. I dont know anything
about linux development.
I know that I downloaded an unofficial patch but I think it shouldn't
halt anyway.

Please cc an email to my personal email address too, I'm not subscribed
to the list.
bye
    Nandor Toth