Date:      Wed, 14 Nov 2001 13:01:53 -0600 (CST)
From:      "Jeffrey S. Sharp" <jss@subatomix.com>
To:        Paul Robinson <paul@akita.co.uk>
Cc:        Bruce Montague <brucem@cse.iitkgp.ernet.in>, <freebsd-small@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: picobsd ref configs all fail on 4.4-Release

On Wed, 14 Nov 2001, Paul Robinson wrote:

> On Wednesday 14 November 2001 15:28, Jeffrey S. Sharp wrote:
>
> > I suspect that what most people do is use then for a learning tool.
> > That's what I did.  I read the scripts, said "oh wow, they could do a
> > lot more than this", and set out to build my own toolkit.
>
> You're missing the point. The reference scripts should work.

Yeah, you do have a point here. :-)

> Actually with the exception of the first paragraph, it was about you
> getting fired, turning into an e-bay addict and your wife leaving you.
> It was interesting though. Perhaps you should write a book.

I intend on writing more code now, if that counts.

> As for giving it an overhaul, I think that your registration of the
> tinybsd.* domains would indicate that your intention is not to pass
> back your work to picobsd but to make money at the project

You've got the wrong idea here.  My project was/is intended as a
replacement for PicoBSD, and as such it wouldn't make much sense to keep
it proprietary.  I wanted to call it TinyBSD, and I thought that if it
ever became widely known, it would be convenient to have
http://www.tinybsd.org/ take to you its web site.

Of course, that's not to say I couldn't make money with it; being hired
somewhere to do embedded FreeBSD work would rock (readers: yes, that last
sentence was a *hint*).

I ultimately wish that I'll complete the toolkit, it will be adopted as a
replacement for Pico, and www.tinybsd.org will point to somewhere inside
www.freebsd.org.

--
Jeffrey S. Sharp