Date:      Tue, 8 Jun 1999 03:45:49 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Holtor <holtor@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   FreeBSD's FTP Daemon

 Hello, I run a moderatly sized ISP and as an
 FTP daemon we use NcFTPD (www.ncftpd.com). I really
 have no use for any of its features, plus i'm sure
 most of these features are included with using
 the normal ftpd from inetd.
 A few things I need to know first, is were can I get
 more information about this? Configuration wise..
 theres a lot of stuff i'd like to change, (pre-login
 message, hostname it says, etc..)
 Secondly, lately i read some stuff about security
 in this ftpd? Running the normal ftpd that comes
 with freebsd is probably the safest way to go am I
 correct?

 Thanks,
 Holt