Date:      Tue, 11 Jun 2002 03:26:28 +0200
From:      Mark Santcroos <marks@ripe.net>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   kernel booting diff between boot2 and loader

I wonder what is different in booting the kernel from loader(8) and from
boot2.

In vmware2 I am not able to boot the kernel from boot2, it hangs after
I tried current,stable and generic kernels, all without luck.

This was not really a problem, until I wanted to use etherboot, where I
ofcourse can't use loader.

Any help or insight into this will be gladly accepted :-)

Mark

--
Mark Santcroos				RIPE Network Coordination Centre
http://www.ripe.net/home/mark/		New Projects Group/TTM