Date:      Mon, 25 Feb 2019 12:15:10 +0100
From:      Christoph Moench-Tegeder <cmt@burggraben.net>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Any user of esound daemon?

## Baptiste Daroussin (bapt@FreeBSD.org):

> > Even better: at least pulseaudio can provide an esd-protocol socket,
> > so it's usable as a drop-in replacement (yes, I know, not everyone
> > likes pulseaudio, but it "works for me").
>
> Is it still the case? I thought this was removed from pulse after some time?

It's still there - the port installs esdcompat and module-esound-*.
According to pulseaudio's release notes, it's possible to disable esd
compatibility:
  The esdcompat tool isn't any more installed if esound support is disabled
  https://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/PulseAudio/Notes/12.0/

Regards,
Christoph

--