Date:      Mon, 11 Mar 2002 01:19:28 -0500
From:      Jake Burkholder <jake@locore.ca>
To:        freebsd-sparc@freebsd.org
Subject:   new tarball

I uploaded a new distribution tarball which fixes a number of issues.
I will update the kernels as soon as they finish compiling  :)

The keyboard issue should be fixed with the generic kernel, a problem
with the kvm size not scaling to physical memory has been fixed, and
a bug in the fpu emaulator has been fixed, which allowed me to bootstrap
perl.

The tarball also contains David Obrien's hosted toolchain, and since we
now have perl you can build a new kernel yourself.  We're still working
to get some stuff committed to cvs, so it is best to use cvsup on
another machine to get the perforce repository using the sparc64-supfile
on my web page.

It is best to replace all your existing binaries in cases they are out
of sync with the new libraries.  The distribution also contains a plain
etc, so you may want to back up parts of your existing one, if you have
anything of use in it.

The cd burner I was hoping to use to test a new ISO is having problems,
so I haven't made a new one yet.

http://people.freebsd.org/~jake/sparc64/

Jake