Date:      Mon, 25 May 2020 16:40:53 -0400
From:      Ed Maste <emaste@freebsd.org>
To:        Pete Wright <pete@nomadlogic.org>
Cc:        freebsd-pkgbase@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Parse Error running make packages

On Mon, 25 May 2020 at 11:23, Pete Wright <pete@nomadlogic.org> wrote:

> I had a some old .ucl files under /release/packages/ that were not being
> processed correctly by /release/packages/generate-ucl.sh. removing these
> files allowed me to successfully build package.  I suspect I previously
> built with packagebase in this tree before generate-ucl.sh was
> refactored which led to this issue.

Glad you were able to fix your issue - this sort of thing is something
we'd want to address automatically, but not really unexpected while
pkgbase is still in development.

FWIW the Cirrus-CI config builds a set of packages as one of the steps:
https://github.com/freebsd/freebsd/blob/master/.cirrus.yml

package_script:
  - make WITHOUT_TOOLCHAIN=yes PKG_FORMAT=tar packages

I have WIP stashed somewhere to use those pkgs for the boot smoke test
and will get that into the tree sometime. We'll also do similar things
with the official CI on ci.freebsd.org.