Date:      Mon, 4 Jul 2011 18:41:05 +0530
From:      Subhro Kar <subhro@80386.org>
To:        tethys ocean <tethys.ocean@gmail.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD_Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: mount /unmount

--Apple-Mail=_0A008E37-6562-4F43-A414-611D47F4FFD3

Hello,

You seem to be new to FreeBSD. In that case , I would recommend you to =
read the Handbook. It is very very good documentation.

On 04-Jul-2011, at 5:58 PM, tethys ocean wrote:

> Hi,
>=20
> I have 3 question
>=20
> is FreeBSD can boot and run all service while one of slice is not =
mount for
> example /usr slice..

Yes, FreeBSD can run off a single filesystem.

>=20
> and second question is my mysql is in /var slice if /var is not mout =
can I
> access mysql being root and chek all databases also can read log file =
on
> /var

If /var is on  separate filesystem, then there is no way you can access =
anything inside /var without mounting /var first.

>=20
> third question is can I mount any unmount slice by using just fsck  :)

fsck is a utility which is used to check filesystem for consistency. For =
mounting a filesystem you should be using /sbin/mount and for unmounting =
you should use /sbin/unmount.

Thanks
Subhro=

--Apple-Mail=_0A008E37-6562-4F43-A414-611D47F4FFD3--