Date:      Fri, 5 Apr 1996 00:00:18 -0600
From:      "Daniel M. Eischen" <deischen@iworks.InterWorks.org>
To:        andreas@knobel.gun.de, ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ANNOUNCE: xmcd v2.0 CD-audio player (fwd)

>Could someone with a Motif developement package please create a
>port and a tarball for this fine package ?! This would be fine !

[...]

>                        --------------------
>                        X M C D  version 2.0
>                            patchlevel 0
>                        --------------------
>                             by Ti Kan
>
>I am pleased to announce the release of xmcd version 2.0, a package
>including xmcd, an X11/Motif-based CD player utility and cda, a
>command-line driven, non-graphical CD audio player.  This software
>represents many months of development and refinements, as well as a
>beta test program involving many dedicated individuals around the world.

I dropped a statically linked xmcd-2.0 package in:

  ftp.cdrom.com:/pub/FreeBSD/incoming/xmcd-2.0-static.tgz

The other xmcd-2.0 file (xmcd-2.0-static.tar.gz) was made from a
make release script provided by the author Ti Kan.  Can someone
with permissions please delete this file since it's not needed?

I also dropped the port in incoming:

  ftp.cdrom.com:/pub/FreeBSD/incoming/xmcd-port.tgz

Can someone look this over and include it if it's OK?

I built and tested xmcd-2.0 on a 2.2-current system built Mar 28.

Dan Eischen
deischen@iworks.InterWorks.org