Date:      Tue, 22 Mar 2011 23:33:14 -0400
From:      "Philip M. Gollucci" <pgollucci@p6m7g8.com>
To:        <ohauer@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        "Philip M. Gollucci" <pgollucci@FreeBSD.org>, apache@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: patch for bsd.apache.mk is ready for review ...

On 3/22/2011 3:46 PM, Olli Hauer wrote:
> a first local exp-run was nearly 100% success. A hand full
> ports which need some fixing, special if they are in master
> slave combination and have both times USE_APACHE?=/= ab+
> defined.
>
> For example www/mod_jk (1.3+) and www/mod_jk-ap2 (2.0+)
> Both times the preferred apache (2.2) was chosen now, but
> this is easy to fix.
Yeah, thats not my favorite port.

> Do you already have an apache 2.3/2.4 port for testing available?
> I suspect there are some candidates which have defined
> USE_APACHE?=/= ab+ which cannot be build with 2.3/2.4.
> I will then run the next local exp-run to identify these ports.
I don't think we should worry about this at all until after the 2.2 switch.

VP Apache Infrastructure; Member, Apache Software Foundation
Committer,                        FreeBSD Foundation
Consultant,                       P6M7G8 Inc.
Sr. System Admin,                 Ridecharge Inc.

Work like you don't need the money,
love like you'll never get hurt,
and dance like nobody's watching.