Date:      Tue, 29 Jan 2002 21:15:47 -0000
From:      "Stuart Duckworth" <ITServices@cableinet.co.uk>
To:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org, Juha.Nurmela@quicknet.inet.fi
Subject:   Re: ide cdrom

Got to post this, if anyone has this problem in future I want this on
the public lists where they can find it.  It has taken me months to
find out and the answer is so simple.

Thank you Juha :-)))

I rebooted using

? boot - c kernel

and then went into the interactive option where I was able to reset
the boot parameters for the ata1 at IRQ 15 to the address given on
the cdrom card's published figures.

Result, I can now read from the cdrom.

Next is getting sendmail to work properly.

Stuart