Date:      Mon, 26 Apr 1999 18:03:41 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Abraham J. Stephens" <stephea@aasis.albany-academy.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   executing rsh commands on a FreeBSD 2.2.1 box.

I have several servers on a network, two FreeBSD boxes (aasis and fs) and
one Solaris 7 box (student).

I have three identical users, one on each machine. The user's home
directory and his .rhosts file is mounted from a single fileserver on each
machine.

If I execute a remote command on the sparc from either of the FreeBSD
boxes:
	aasis> rsh -K student df
everything works.

But if I attempt to execute a remote command on either FreeBSD box from
either of the other two systems the command fails:
	student> rsh aasis df
	Host address mismatch for student
	student>
the same thing happens in the fs=>aasis direction or the aasis=>fs
direction.

How can I fix this. What more information is needed? The single .rhosts
file grants access from each for each machine correctly (as far as I can
tell).

-Thanks

       http://www.albany-academy.org/aasis