Date:      Wed, 21 Aug 2002 02:54:52 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "M. Lavondes" <baloo@gimpgirl.com>
To:        freebsd-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   ports/41839: devel/libtool 1.3.4 port patch files inconsistent with tarball on CD-ROM set

>Number:         41839
>Category:       ports
>Synopsis:       devel/libtool 1.3.4 port patch files inconsistent with tarball on CD-ROM set
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
The tarball directory structure in libtool-1.3.4_3.tgz isn't what the
patches (files/patch-a[a-d] are the ones I tried so far) expect.
patch-aa refers to a non-existent .texi file (what I think is the corresponding .info file already has the change integrated, I think).
The changes in patch-ac and patch-ad appear to be already applied to
(again what I think are) the corresponding files extracted from the tarball.
I think I was able to make the patch-ab changes by hand.

I searched the mailing list archives and the PR database and didn't find anything that looked relevant.

(Sorry if some or all of the above is too vague. I'm filing this from an Internet Cafe, and have no way to carry files or logs from my machine to there, not even on paper - no printer.)
>How-To-Repeat:
(as root, with CD #1 of the 4-CD FreeBSD 4.6-RELEASE set from freebsdmall.com mounted as /cdrom)
# cd /usr/ports
# cp `find /cdrom -name libtool-1.3.4_3.tgz -print` distfiles
# ln -s libtool-1.3.4_3.tgz distfiles/libtool-1.3.4.tar.gz
# cd devel/libtool
# make install
>Fix:
Removing each patch file after checking that the diffs in it were
applied or are irrelevant to the install (eg, title line in a .text or .info) seems to alleviate the problem (ie, you get to deal with the next patch file down the list instead). I wouldn't call that a fix, though, and I'm still not sure it's a complete workaround by itself.