Date:      Thu, 12 Apr 2018 23:52:13 +0200
From:      =?UTF-8?Q?Niels_Kobsch=c3=a4tzki?= <niels@kobschaetzki.net>
To:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   High rate of NFS cache misses after upgrading from 10.3-prerelease to 11.1-release

Hi,

sorry for the cross-posting but so far I had no real luck on the forum
or on question, thus I want to try my luck here as well.

I upgraded a machine from 10.3-Prerelease (custom kernel with
tcp_fastopen added) to 11.1-Release (standard kernel) with
freebsd-update. I have two other machines that are still on
10.3-Prerelease. Those machines mount an NFS-export from a
Linux-NFS-server and use NFSv3. The machine that got upgraded shows now
far more cache misses for getattr than on the 10.3-machines (we talk a
factor of 100) in munin. munin also shows a lot more cache-misses for
other metrics like biow, biorl, biod (where can I find what those
metrics mean=E2=80=A6currently I have not even an understanding what thes=
e are)
etc.=C2=A0

Can anybody help me how I can debug this problem or has an idea what
could cause the problem? The result of this behavior is that this
machine shows a lower performance than the others and I cannot upgrade
other machines before I didn't fix this bug.

Thanks,

Niels