Date:      Tue, 29 Jul 2003 18:46:56 EST
From:      Andrea Venturoli <ml.ventu@flashnet.it>
To:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: xl0 full duplex

** Reply to note from Olivier Nicole <on@cs.ait.ac.th> Mon, 21 Jul 2003 16:56:30 +0700 (ICT)

>> since it is connected to a full-duplex switch.

>Is the port set to full-duplex? Or to auto configuration?

There is no such options: it's always using Auto-Negotiation.

>If the last, the default is to fall in half duplex degradated mode.
>Auto configuration will only work when both ends are set to auto.

Ok, so I tried:

ifconfig xl0 mediaopt autoselect

but I get:

ifconfig: SIOCSIFMEDIA: Device not configured

Would this mean that either the card or the driver do not support auto configuration?
(and thus I would be stuck to half-duplex?)

 bye & Thanks
        av.