Date:      Sat, 4 Apr 1998 11:13:56 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Blaz Zupan <blaz@gold.amis.net>
To:        Wolfgang Helbig <helbig@Informatik.BA-Stuttgart.DE>
Cc:        hm@hcs.de, freebsd-isdn@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: i4b-L1-F_ill:What is this? (fwd)

> This reminds me of the SMP problem -- bisdn worked but i4b didn't.
> There is a workaround for this that might help even if you don't
> have a multiprocessor board. So please add
>
> options "I4B_SMP_WORKAROUND"
>
> to your kernel configuration file and tell us what happened.

Ok, I'm running i4b 0.51 with the above option. Just a couple of minutes
ago my usual problem happend. So I picked up my GSM and called in to my
ISDN line as my FreeBSD machine was spewing out errors on the console. As
soon as the call came in on the second B channel, the console said:

i4b-L2-i4b_tei_rx_frame: TEI ID Assign - TEI = 67

the phone started ringing and FreeBSD suddenly established the PPP link.
So it seems I finally got a TEI assigned when a call came in. Before it
was spewing out the usual

i4b-L2-i4b_tei_assign: tx TEI ID_Request
i4b-L1-ph_data_req: Not in ST_F7, sc->sc_I430state = F3b Power Up
i4b-L2-i4b_T202_timeout: unit 0, N202 = 3

Blaz Zupan, blaz@medinet.si, http://home.amis.net/blaz
Medinet d.o.o., Linhartova 21, 2000 Maribor, Slovenia