Date:      Thu, 13 Jan 2005 15:04:34 +0100
From:      Joerg Wunsch <j@ida.interface-business.de>
To:        Maxim Mazurok <maxim@km.ua>
Cc:        freebsd-sparc64@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: vinum troubles

As Maxim Mazurok wrote:

> strange troubles....
> i have panic if i run `vinum start` from singleuser mode.

> panic: unmount: dangling vnode

This has been reported on the -current list for i386, too.

I've never had problems running vinum, but I always start it from the
loader, including the vinum.autostart variable being set (vinum root
file system).

The official remedy for your problem is to move your setup to gvinum.

joerg_wunsch@interface-systems.de        http://www.interface-systems.de/~j/