Date:      Thu, 5 Apr 2012 08:00:16 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Warren Block <wblock@wonkity.com>
To:        Bernhard Froehlich <decke@freebsd.org>
Cc:        emulation@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: VirtualBox-4.1.10: Mouse gets trapped in the FreeBSD-9.0 guest with additions installed

On Wed, 4 Apr 2012, Bernhard Froehlich wrote:

> I've just verified that the additions haven't regressed since 4.0.
> So I've installed 4.1.10 additions on PC-BSD 9.0 and X11, mouse and
> clipboard sharing work the same as before.
>
> To be fair seamless mouse did never work but I'm not sure if that is
> because of our old Xorg stack or an oversight in the additions.

Seamless mouse does work, but AFAIK requires an xorg.conf:

Section "ServerLayout"
 	Identifier "xfce"
 	InputDevice "Mouse1"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
 	Identifier "Mouse1"
 	Driver "vboxmouse"
EndSection

Tested on FreeBSD 9-stable amd64 host, VirtualBox 4.1.10, FreeBSD
9-stable i386 guest, virtualbox-ose-additions 4.1.10.

That's for an xserver without HAL, maybe with HAL it will autodetect.

The first couple of clicks after startup seem to get lost, but otherwise
it works.