Date:      Fri, 15 Sep 2000 17:12:26 -0300 (ADT)
From:      The Hermit Hacker <scrappy@hub.org>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   a suggestion for pkg_version changes ...

I've recently gotten into the habit of upgrading based on the output of
pkg_version -c ... basically, figure out what I want to upgrade, cut and
paste those three lines and go away.  Periodically, I get hit with a port
that I previously upgraded still having its work directory, so:

cd /usr/ports/textproc/libxml
make && pkg_delete -f libxml-1.8.9
make install

wipes out the old port, but doesn't install anything, since the work
directory has it marked as already installed ...

how about changing the above output to install a 'make distclean' just
before the make, so that it actually cleans it out before building ...

Systems Administrator @ hub.org