Date:      Wed, 5 Apr 2000 13:33:19 +1000
From:      "Richard Grace" <rgrace@itworks.com.au>
To:        "Gustavo V G C Rios" <kernel@tdnet.com.br>, <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: compiling world with perl enabled fails!

Almost.  Same problem with 3.4-STABLE.  I posted last week but have had no
response yet.

We downloaded the latest source from the cvsup server and again the
buildworld failed at perl.

It seems the dir /usr/src/gnu/usr.bin/perl/perl does not contain the correct
files (actually it just contains the Makefile and CVS directory) where it
should possibly contain some perl sources (?).  The file
/usr/src/contrib/perl5.005_03.tar.gz is present in my source tree.

Anyone else?

Richard Grace

ITworks Consulting Pty. Ltd.